Friday, July 4, 2008

Waiter, There's Banality in My Soup



With hundreds of votes pouring in, many of which bear familiar names like Mulroney and Trudeau, let's take a moment to shine the spotlight on a lesser-known magnate of Canadian mediocrity.

Bonnie Stern may be the author of 12 best-selling cookbooks, but that doesn't mean her HeartSmart cuisine isn't as bland and tasteless as most Canadian cooking. According to one eloquent voter:

"No one has done more to neuter the Canadian palate than Bonnie Stern. She has somehow fooled the nation into believing that the home economist's anal obsession with low fat and high folic acid has something to do with fine cooking. She prances her way through the kitchen as though she personally invented fire, yet hasn't had a truly original idea in her entire career. Her cookbooks look like overblown margarine brochures."

Does she truly deserve a place among the frontrunning Clarks and Harpers? You decide.

5 comments:

been around the block said...

I'm trying to figure out where this Blog is getting their nominees, as I haven't seen any of these four mentioned in the blogs where this "contest" is being featured...

Is this Web site getting more votes for Thomas, Frum, Gretzky, and Stern than for others--like, I'm Peter Mansbridge and You're Not, Jean-I'll-strangle-you-Chretien, Paul-deer-in-the-headlights-Martin, Joke Clarke, Justin-I'm-My-Mama's-and-My-Papa's-Boy-Trudeau, David-the-Moron-Miller, Taliban Jack, etc?

These four are off the radar as far as I'm concerned. There are far bigger fish to fry...so why aren't they being featured?

Let's get with the program here!!

Anonymous said...

See, but Justin Trudeau and his ilk (who, they've admitted, are getting most of the votes)), are almost too obvious...I like what they're doing, "shining the spotlight on lesser known magnates of mediocrity."

Guess they simply don't have the same political agenda as you, Been Around.

LWOT Editors said...

These names are ripped from the votes we've received. We use a complex random number generator with a non-linear boolean formula using fractal algebraic equations in no way related to what is being discussed on any non-official blogs. I hope that addresses your concerns Been Around The Block.

been around the block said...

Many thanks! You couldn't be much clearer...

been around the block said...

BTW, I've voted only once. Maybe that's my problem. How many times is a person allowed to vote?

If many times, then the results are questionable...'just saying...